Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Gettin' my herr did

It was sobering to sit in the salon chair yesterday looking at myself in the mirror while my stylist & dear friend tried to help me see the bright side to my continuing hair loss. She pointed out areas that had new growth; that's a good sign. She reminded me that I wasn't going to go bald and to think that right now I could have been 14 weeks into wearing a wig. I sighed and said I know. It's just hard to everyday have less hair on my head & more in my hands or the tub drain or the brush or my coat. Ten more weeks. I joked with Kathy that we will know I've fully recovered and have my thick blonde mane truly back when I ask her to thin it out a bit. I'll never complain about how long it takes to blow dry my hair again. It's better than seeing my scalp through the remaining strands.

Cancer & chemotherapy really change the way you look at life. From the inside out....

No comments:

Post a Comment