Wednesday, December 4, 2013

50% done; 6 down, 6 to go; half a pie gone; THE halfway mark!

I had my 6th chemo treatment today. Halfway there.  Really thankful for the physical and mental health break that I got over the last four weeks.  Hoping it will give me the strength to make it through this and the next 6.  14 more weeks.
Good news - have become a member of the Cancer Support Community in Des Peres.  They do amazing work.  Support groups, exercise classes, nutritional counseling and cooking classes and support groups for kids and teens.  Last night we went to the Family Support Group night and the kids collaborated on a song about cancer while the parents talked about all the fun things (sarcasm) this diagnosis has thrust upon us.  After our sessions, we went to listen to the CD the kids made.  They wrote the song and sang it as well.  It was titled "Woah, cancer"  and I started tearing up at the first line... I was overwhelmed with the kids' love for us parents as it was evidenced through the lyrics.  My boys had such a great time too.  When Ladybug gets home, I'm going to have the three of them do a session of KidsRock Cancer.  I think it will be really healthy and fun for them.  I'm also excited that the boys want to do the other family events (tae kwon do, cooking classes etc).
I am glad that I got so upset the last time and wrote emails that lit fires under a few experts asses and that the response has connected me to the available resources that I so desperately needed. 
In addition, I know deep down that the universe is rewarding me for going through all this chemo-mess by bringing an Ikea to St. Louis!!!!  I am grateful and excited for sure!
The next two days are going to be pretty awful weather-wise... will have to wrap up like Ralphie in a Christmas Story.  But hopefully with a little more style.
PS - cut my hair so it wouldn't be as obnoxious as my hair continues to thin out and my blonde strands are found everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment