Thursday, April 16, 2009

Space needed...

A Proposed, no, Preferred, Stall Management System

I used to wonder what the appropriate ladies' restroom etiquette should be. But now I'm just going to say HOW it SHOULD be. Ladies, because we don't pee standing up, we get these nice stalls in our restrooms. Thankfully. However I'd like to recommend that when going into a restroom that has more than two stalls and one of those is already occupied that you choose the stall one stall over, not directly beside it. And conversely if you enter a restroom and there are more than two stalls, choose one that allows someone else to not HAVE to enter right next to you. It boggles my mind each time someone enters a stall right next to me when there are plenty of others (empty) they can choose from. I am thankful that we have stalls and door locks because otherwise they probably would march right on in to use the one I'm using. And don't get me started on those women who don't bother flushing or washing their hands!!! Where are you from? You're too busy to wash your hands but not too busy to spread disease?!

(Please know that I understand this stall management system is moot when all the stalls are occupied such as at concerts, sporting events, etc... but if we all start to employ it, public restroom usage won't have to feel so 'public'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment