Monday, September 29, 2014

30 days hath September...

And a busy thirty days it has been!
Lots of tests, procedures, doctor visits  and more.  Mostly brought about because my insurance resets on October 1 and I have to climb that steep deductible hill all over again.  So instead I pushed to get as much done before October 1 as possible all with good results, too!  My PET scan came back all clear again - "grossly unremarkable" said the doctor.  Then my blood tests came back all normal.  So my port was successfully removed on the 22nd. Saying I am so happy to have it out is an understatement.  (I am thinking that perhaps when I pass the five year mark, I will get a tattoo over the scar.)  And then finally today I had my one year follow up colonoscopy and it too came back clear!  They want to see me again in three years!
The monitoring/maintenance plan will consist of blood work every three months for four years and a CT scan every six months for the next two years.

I have also cut my hair short with great results.  My post chemo hair is so wavy.  I used to have straight straight (did I mention straight?) hair.  So having all this wave is quite interesting.  Friday night I was told I looked like Katie Couric (which I have heard before) and also Princess Diana which was a new one for me.  Then this morning's nurse also said Princess Diana.  I am very much flattered.

It seems I've been struck by Paco Rabanne's Million again at Café Eau but this time he's an Italian pilot.  Stay tuned, the philosopher's phase 2 could be really really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment