Monday, August 5, 2013

It's like waiting for Santa but its not...

The clock ticks. Slowly. I know I should relish this last 'regular' day.  But I'm not.  I'm so aware that tomorrow at noon begins all the prep for surgery.  That wonderful prep.  Actually after midnight tonight, I get to eat nothing and drink only clear liquids.  So you would think that I would be hitting every all-you-can-eat buffet in town, but I'm not. Instead I had some Kombucha and crackers with cheese from Whole Foods. I did have a cookie too because it will be a while before I can eat those again..  Oh and I did have one last soda.  Can't imagine I will be wanting to introduce carbonation to my healing colon for a good while after surgery.  Would hate to get a 'gas leak'... lol I crack myself up.

I'm thinking for good measure tonight before the kids and I have our last hurrah as a fearsome foursome, maybe we get some chicken wings and salad for dinner.  Again, not sure how soon I will be eating Frank's Red Hot Sauce.

So many different emotions running through me: anxiety, sadness, impatience, hope.  Mostly hope, though. Mostly.  Good thing I'm by myself right now, kids don't need to see their "supermom" upset.

I'm so done thinking about it all.  I just want to get to the "business" of healing.  You know, get to the right side of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment