Thursday, June 13, 2013

Music to a writer's ears...

Sometimes a little encouragement goes a long way...

I recently sent to a respected colleague and friend what I have written so far on my book (current working titles: 4199 or Travel by M.A.P.) and he responded quite favorably. 

Respected colleague: Hey - excellent story.
Respected colleague: Sorry for delay.
Respected colleague: You are real talent. This is as good or better as any I've seen
The Philosopher: You're not just saying that because you are my friend?
Respected colleague: No. This is really good.
.....
followed by:
The Philosopher: glad you liked it on a cerebral as well as physical level lol
Respected colleague: yeah. no flattery, this is just good.
The Philosopher: well if you ever want to read just my random blog postings about my life etc... you can visit minivanphilosopher.blogspot.com
Respected colleague: One of things i like is a very, very good flow. No stall-outs. It has a really good pace, but still gives good detail.
.....
followed by:
Respected colleague: When did you start?
The Philosopher: thinking about this idea? last summer
The Philosopher: really writing it - mid-april
Respected colleague: ok
Respected colleague: well you a serious talent, for sure.
The Philosopher: thanks - it's good to hear that
Respected colleague: Reading it, it's like you've had it inside you for a while and you're relieved to release it. Does that make sense? When I read it, it kind of felt like it had been shot out of a cannon
Respected colleague: Like it had been waiting for a long time
....
then a few more quick exchanges about the writing process and then on to a general discussion about life.

BUT I am so excited to receive this encouragement to continue and that it really is that good.  It has re-energized me because I haven't written anything additional in about a week.  I was experiencing a bit of a block which feels remarkably like it has evaporated!

You know, dear readers, encouraging words are oftentimes the kindest words in the universe!

Thank you respected colleague and dear friend, thank you!
I will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment