Tuesday, November 19, 2013

S-P-L-A-T!!! Part one...


Readers,
I wasn't sure how to start this posting... what a two week period!  I was so excited that I thought I had found the magical formula for my chemo recovery.  I didn't get my acupuncture until a week after my chemo dose and my hands/feet were really in pain this time.  I informed my acupuncturist that she could take no more vacations until after I am finished with treatment.

There's so much to say that I'll try to hit bullet points:
1) Removed any remaining links to Mike when I switched phone/cable companies.  And saving $1,000/year in the process.  That made me happy. 
2) Got a call on a Saturday from Slucare complaining that I had let my bill get out of hand and I wasn't paying them enough.  I was so angry at them.  I told them they charged too much and reminded them that I write a check each time I go to chemo.  They said "yeah but it's not enough and that they can't guarantee that it won't go to collections."  I told them I wasn't paying any more than I already was and if they wanted me to survive chemo to quit adding stress to my life.

3) Sent letter to my Fox telling him I needed a break. 
My emotions are all over the place during treatment: I get angry; I cry; I have no filter so I say whatever I want no matter how inappropriate it might be.  I told him I loved him too much to artificially blow up our relationship because of what the chemo chemicals are doing to me.  I know in my heart that if we were in the same physical location, I wouldn't have had to take a break because he would see what was happening daily and we could talk about it and hold each other and kiss and "make it better".  But he's not here and I 'm not there so we don't get to give each other those healing touches and kisses.  I feel for the sake of our long-term relationship, this is what I have to do and it is better for us this way.

4) The home health agency forgot to put me on their 'disconnect' list.  Had I not called to find out where they were, who knows when they would have realized their error.  I told a friend that I have too much on my mind to have to worry that the fucking home health agency won't show up.  How hard is it to keep track of your clients?  It's not like this was the first time I was getting disconnected.  Seriously disappointed in them for that.  And the poor nurse who got the call to come disconnect me ASAP got an earful.  I know she wasn't the responsible one but she was there and I was upset.

5) Was drinking my smoothie every day.  Was enjoying the reduced muscle twitching and tiredness and the feeling of energy it gave me.  I felt so good that I even went to zumba on thursday and danced (not all out but enough to sweat).  I almost felt as good as I did post-surgery but before chemo.  I was all smiles.

6) Then woke up the next day Friday with extreme cramping in my upper abdomen.  Thought I had worked my abs too much at zumba but it was a different kind of pain.  I had been experiencing dizziness/vertigo that I attributed to the crazy weather pattern here.  I got to my office, couldn't shake the pain in my abs, was too dizzy to drive home.  I called my sister and asked for some dramamine to help with the dizziness.  She came over and we intended for her to drive me home.  I took some dramamine, was a little warm to the touch, still cramping (with a pain level of an 8 - imagine the contractions during childbirth... that's how it felt except upper abdomen not lower).  I ended up throwing up extensively into the office trashcan (it has been removed and disposed of as hazardous waste).  Cramping still remained... so we called my oncologist to see what to do...

I'll finish this in the next posting.

P.S. Artwork is an original piece by my youngest child, the Sage circa 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment