Sunday, January 19, 2014

2/3 of the way there - #9 done, 3 more.

Just a cancer update for my readers....
Still cold as a mother here in St. Louis.  I've gotten used to wearing a million layers of clothing and hats and gloves and jackets and on and on...  I am looking forward to this all being done and seeing warmer weather come springtime.

My last chemo session knocked me out for two days.  I expected it to though.  A positive for me though was they reduced the amount of oxiliplantin drug that I get.  This was done to reduce the neuropathy side effects.  My doctor said that I receive the most benefit from the drug during the earlier treatments; that it is most effective then that it is okay to reduce it now with only 3 left to go.  He is looking at minimizing the long-term effects of the neuropathy.  I say "Amen to that!"

All my blood work was good and my potassium levels were up too.  I have been really diligent about eating a banana every morning.  My doctor said I should eat two!  I said okay.  And picked up two more bunches today.

I also increased the amount of B vitamins I'm taking.  I didn't know they were good for mood stabilization too; helps fight off chemo-induced depression.  It's too early to tell but I seem to have a better sense of emotional well-being right now.

I'm thrilled at the response to my call for walkers and donations for the Cancer Support Community's walk.  It warms my soul.  I look forward to walking with such great friends on Saturday, May 17th!

Anyway, I'm watching the weather, watching my side effects, counting down the days (more exciting than waiting for Christmas day!), buying smaller and smaller clothes (yeah!!!) and trying my best to stay sane throughout it all.  Doing. My. Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment