Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Eye Candy

Had a wonderful time last night conversing and catching up with a friend I hadn't seen in a year or so.  We laughed, shared stories, & perspectives on life.  He could relate to my anxiety about my hair loss because he had experienced that himself this year when he was taking some medication.  We both have been blessed with thick manes of hair.  He was understanding and complimentary on my current coiffure; he said he likes it short and sassy.  I smiled at him, a lot, and told him I was planning to keep it short and sassy even after chemo is over and my hair starts to grow back.

We talked about relationships.  The state of current ones, past ones and what we want future ones to be like.  He is someone I have always been able to be open with and enjoy talking to.  We have had some interesting conversations at our kids' athletic practices and games. However, this was the first time we had met outside of the athletic realm.  And it was nice.  Very nice.

Funny thing is (and he doesn't know this), I first saw him ten years ago.   He was pitching for our kids' Tee Ball game.  My response was "who is that???" Let me tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed that year's baseball season.  It was nice to have a little eye candy to make Little League baseball more palatable.

I first met him about four or five years ago.  I didn't realize who he was until after a few fun, flirty conversations.  Then my memory was jogged and I was like "that's the Little League Eye Candy Dad!!"  But now he was divorced, single and flirty, oh so flirty.  Yeah!!! I was doing the internal happy dance but cool as a cucumber on the outside. 

So we flirted and chatted for the last four years at our sons' practices and games.  When he wasn't at practice or a game, I would be disappointed - no flirting that day.  And if I weren't there, he always would ask my son "hey, where's your mom?"  Which my son would dutifully report back to me.

But all we've done is flirt and tease for five years!  Perhaps now that our communications have progressed beyond the athletic fields, maybe the friendship will too.  Lord knows, I wouldn't mind a closer, much closer look at this eye candy!  And he's just a super person on top of all that.

However, if we are to remain flirty friends only, that's okay.  We do it quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment