Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Balloon Quest continues

He keeps looking. Last night the children were able to pick an Easter Egg from the basket as part of the end-of-the year celebration. He was absolutely thrilled with what was in his egg until he saw that the other prize was a balloon. He spent the next 90 minutes searching for an egg with a balloon. Several times he came back to me to complain that he couldn't find one and that he really wanted a balloon. I told him that I understood but that all he could do was look for the eggs with the balloons. He sighed, disappointed I could not help him, and left to continue his search. However, he was not successful last night. And every time one of the 'lucky' kids would pop their balloon, I would see the heartbreak in his eyes. As we walked to the car, he slipped his hand in mine and repeated how much he wished he had a balloon. I told him not to worry that there are many balloons in this world and one of these days, he'd have his own balloon again.

And one day I will have my own balloon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment