Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Dread. Pit of Stomach. List for Doctor.

Tomorrow is number 4.  I know I am closer to number 12 than when I started, but I have to be honest, I simply do not look forward to my chemo days (or the few days afterward).  Call me crazy!

And the temps are dropping here in St. Louis so my cold sensitivity is on high alert.  I'm already wearing my leather gloves, scarf and coat! No one else is; I just explain that I'm practicing for when I get to be an eccentric old lady. (My Fox, don't even think about making snarky comments on the 'old' part).  I'm a little ticked that one of my favorite things about winter in St. Louis, the ICE COLD water you can get from the tap, is going to have to be avoided. Argh!!

Anyway, other than the dread in the pit of my stomach, the list of lingering side effects that I must make to share with my oncologist tomorrow, and the thousands of strands of my blonde hair everywhere (no I'm not losing it; it's just 'thinning'), I'm doing the best that I can and am constantly amazed at the resilience inherent in our bodies.  I'm counting on that resilience to see me all the way to the end.
I'm sure I'll post again tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment