Thursday, October 3, 2013

Hotter than a bucket of chicken grease!

One of my dearest girlfriends was at a restaurant while visiting friends of hers in Texas one time when out of the blue a stranger declared that she was hotter than a bucket of chicken grease (said with a proper Texas twang at that!). She naturally was flattered and laughs at being compared to chicken grease but she knows the intent was to pay her a compliment.

Well tonight something similar happened to me.
I was leaving a restaurant after a lovely meal with dear friends & a stranger stopped me. I initially thought she was going to ask me for money when she surprised me and said, "excuse me, you are absolutely stunning!" I was taken aback because she was about ten feet away when she made this declaration. I, blushing, said "thanks." To which she responded, "absolutely gorgeous in a Jayne Mansfield way!" I thanked her again and she turned and continued on her walk.

It made me smile, of course. (A positive side effect of the cancer removal & chemo treatment has been the weight loss.) I have never been compared to Jayne Mansfield before so it was definitely flattering.

I have included below pictures of the other two women I have been told that I resemble: Courtney Thorne-Smith & Katie Couric. And now Jayne too... You be the judge.




Courtney Thorne-Smith


Katie Couric

Jayne Mansfield 

& The Philosopher (me)

No comments:

Post a Comment