Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A long, long LONG wait today!

I had not planned on spending four hours in small rooms waiting to see doctors today.  No I had planned on arriving, giving blood, smiling and saying "how do you do?" "oh what lovely weather we are having, yes" and "great to meet you too, see you next week on the table"

Instead it was a lot of "hey how much longer do I have to wait to see Dr. so and so?" "Could you let him know I've not had anything to eat and I've been here for one, two, three hours now" 

Let's just say I could have written, directed and starred in my own Snickers Diva commercial without the Snickers.  The waiting/frustration was like being at the DMV amplified 50 times.

So the outcomes from today are: 1) pre-surgery testing on Thursday morning;  2)Potassium supplements because apparently those levels are low; 3) A PET scan, when? TBD.  Once the insurance company okays it, they will schedule it.  I asked for it to also be on Thursday, since I will already be there with "bells on".  4) A two-pound weight loss since Thursday which of course makes this Cancer/Zumba diet regimen one of the most successful I've ever been on; and 5) a well-deserved reputation as being quite the DIVA when I've not eaten NOR had my Starbucks yet (oh and waited in a small room for 4 hours!)

Planning to ride the DIVA/high maintenance horse all the way through surgery and recovery.  Sometimes you have to be the opposite of nice and patient.  I was polite but I was pointed, direct and curt.  Very curt.  Oh well today's irritations are over.

Time to exhale.

No comments:

Post a Comment